Finding it difficult to study and care?
For many young people who have a caring role, education can be very challenging. Finding the time and energy to study in between caring can be difficult, many young carers will have poor attendance and will often struggle to meet deadlines due to their caring role. This might mean that they are left feeling frustrated and others will leave education altogether.
What can we do to help?
Linked Up can support you to keep learning.
- Speak with your teachers or a university/college advisor to ensure that you are getting enough support to make learning as easy as possible.
- Let you know of any money that might be available to you to help you stay in education
- Ensure that you are able to have time away from caring so that you can attend school/college/university
- If you're leaving school soon, we can help you look for courses/learning opportunities that suit your interests, skills and needs
- We can help you to write a personal statement and complete course applications
Want support today?
To find out more about how we might be able to help you in your studies then ‘Get in Touch’.